Coaching is a kind of process that (in a practical and direct way) helps to develop abilities and competence of employees, also often the results are a new approach, changing attitudes, thinking and behaviors in business relations. Coaching is the basement for effective development - enhances the strengths of employees, it helps to focus and eliminate the often overlooked areas of weak performance (weaknesses). Coaching sessions are a strong inspiration for action and greater commitment to the objectives of the Company.
To meet customer expectations (in terms of increasing the efficiency of the organization and results) we support the development of its employees by coaching sessions. We provide both long-term projects, often involving several people from the organization, as well as the series of sessions for the selected specialists / managers. We believe that every employee has their own resources, potential, of ten not used. Starting the process of coaching we contribute to the focus on the proper areas of development, we are working on the development of self-awareness and help develop the potential. The release of this potential is the benefit of both the employee and the organization.
Objectives of coaching
The primary objective of the coaching process is the development of certain attitudes, competencies, implementation the necessary changes and practical skills in the chosen area. Coaching is a process that helps managers to recognize and develop their potential; it is a process of growing awareness and finding new solutions, creating ideas. It is also a time to make the necessary changes in the area of attitudes and behaviors. An additional effect is usually increasing of the level of self-awareness, motivation and effectiveness of communication (internal and external), which contributes to improving the quality of cooperation in the team and with the team. Specific objectives of coaching are discussed and decided on a first meeting during the first session (introductory session). Key objectives in general are as follows:
- Identification of development goals
- Identify and maximize the potential of the employee
- The development of skills necessary for achievement of goals
- Raising the level of self-awareness and self-observation (work with an attitude)
- Plan and implement changes in areas blocking the achievement of objectives
- Finding concrete, effective solutions to specific problems
- Awareness of the essence and importance of working together to develop their own competence
- Planning of concrete actions for the future
- Methods and stages of cooperation
At this stage it is difficult to say what methods and tools will be the best in a particular case. The choice of methods and tools is the result of a conversation with the customer (made arrangements), needs analysis and objectives, often development plans and the development potential of a particular manager. The key is also the introductory session / diagnostic, which play an important role. The transparency and identification with the objective (s) is really import ant for the process. The final result must be the change / changes in attitude and behavior. Usually, the process of development based on coaching (or mentoring) in very general terms, is divided into three basic steps:
1. Session introducing (contract / diagnostic)
2. Coaching sessions / meetings mentoring (depending on the needs and goals, usually between 3 and 6)
3. Closing Session (summary).